Antique Safes/Kannreuther & Co Limited Birmingham safe

Question
Dear Tom,

I have a Kannreuther & Co Limited Birmingham fire resistant safe inherited from my grand father. Its size is about 24 X 16 inches. (60 x 40 cm) Would you possibly know how much would it weight ? I would like to carry the safe from one city to another. I found a safe company, they have given me an outrageous price for the transportation due to its weight. (around 300/400)  

Thank you.
Hanzade

Answer
It is hard to say but I would guess 75Kg. Put it on a pallet and ask carriers for a quote.

Frederick Sigmund Kannreuther and Ernest Hickman Kannreuther carryied on business as Foreign Merchants at 66 and 67 the Parade Birmingham trading as Kannreuther and Company until 1st January 1898 when it became a Ltd Company called Kannreuther and Company Limited.
It would have been branded as a Kannreuther because they were the merchants.

Regards
Tom  

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon