Antique Safes/Old Safe

Question
Outside
Outside  

Inside
Inside  
Hi Doug,

I've bought a safe for really good price and i want to know more about it. I'm planning restoring it and resell it. I'm pretty sure it's a old bank or jeweler safe. It have 10 Bolt in the door with 2 combination lock. Inside, it have 2 smaller safe with 2 lock per safe again. i have all the pieces and everything work great it's just ugly. I would like to know the company who made it and the age Approx.

Thanks Doug

Best regards
Max

Answer
Max, maybe you think it is ugly, I think it looks great.  Painting could be improved though.  It does not look familiar but then again I have not seen everything.  The cast skirting around the bottom I believe was used by a couple companies, J.J. Taylor from Toronto? and Martin Briggs across the lake in Buffalo.  Being in Quebec I would think it was a Taylor.  How about a couple nice pictures of the back of the door and the locks. That might help dating and determining the maker.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen