Antique Safes/how secure is an antique safe

Question
Hi, I have searching the entire web but cannot seem to find the answer to my question.
I have recently purchased a H&H co lawyers safe (hobs and Hart)
produced in cheapside London. It is about 70cm tall i believe. 40-50 cm deep and about 200 kgs or more I estimate

Firstly, how safe are antique safes. I do apologise if I sound like a fool but I really am a greenhorn.  WHat i mean is, how would an antique safe like mine hold up against attack? say a sledgehammer, or someone hamering the door or the handle. Could you please let me know.
Deeply appreciated....

Answer
Hi Alvin

Thank you for an interesting question.  Most of the really old safes, those that are over 100 years old, offer virtually no resistance at all to modern safe crackers.  However, to answer your question fully, I would need to see a picture of your Hobbs Hart safe.  If it is easier, you can send it to me at info@mikepalmerconsultancy.co.uk  I should be able to tell you a little about its age and construction and some of the history of Hobbs Hart.

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer