Antique Safes/AMSEC safe

Inside of keypad
Inside of keypad  
We have an old AMSEC safe serial #KS111797 with an octagon deypad serial #KP116741.  The keypad has stopped working and we need to find the model number so we can try to figure out what is wrong with it.  Can you help or steer us in the right direction? We have attached photos

Tammy, that will most likely be a KPL 2000 AMSEC lock.  If you have installed new Duracells ,checked the wiring and it still isn't working, it could be the outside keypad or the lock itself inside that is bad.  A known good keypad can be tried, otherwise the safe will have to be drilled and the lock replaced.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place