Antique Safes/Mosler Cannon Ball Safe

Chargin 74 wrote at 2015-08-12 22:04:03
I saw your problem with your safe and I agree with the previous answer however, I too have the same style safe and had the same problem. What happened was someone took a hammer and tried to force the door by hitting the crank (thinking the door was "stuck")

What they did was break a couple teeth on the pinion gear that turns the door that unscrews the safe door. That's why it would turn and stop. The broken tooth was getting jammed between the teeth. Regardless you will need to have someone disassemble the door to get to that pinion gear. Hope this helps some.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)