Antique Safes/identification of safe

QUESTION: Need help in identifying this safe

ANSWER: Tim, the dial and handle looks like Diebold.  So that's what I'd go with.  Diebold bought out quite a few competing safe companies in their history.  And to my knowledge they never sold their locks to other companies.  I'd say the safe is from the 1920's.  Doug

QUESTION: Thank you. Any value for this kind of  safe? Or if restored have a good value?

Not really as those safes are a dime a dozen.  It's value does increase if restored but professional restoration work is quite expensive.  If the safe is in good working condition, you might give it a go yourself.  But don't expect to get a whole lot more than what you put into it.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place