Antique Safes/Mosler class "C" safe #87480

Question
I am looking for and extra shelf for this model. And I am looking for the square 'S' shape pins that hold the front side of each shelf in place. Looking forward to any replies.

Answer
Hi Frank,

Sorry but there are no parts available - unless you find a similar safe to rob them off of.

You are either going to have to fabricate a new shelf and/or the shelf clips/pins to hold it, or you can contact a local safe company.

My first recommendation would be for you to contact World Wide Safe & Vault in Miami to see if they can assist you.

In general on older safes like this, we would simply install new shelf strips and clips inside the safe.    If your older shelves don't fit, then you can make or have made new flat shelves.

This latter would be the least time consuming and least expensive way to take care of the problem.    Standard Knapt & Vogt shelf strips and clips should be available from any local hardware store.    Simply drill a hole in the interior walls through the shelf strip holes, and rivet them in place.

As your safe is simply a fire resistive safe, the interior steel walls are going to be less than 1/8" thick, and easy to drill through.

Hope this gives you some ideas.    If you can't find a supplier, feel free to contact me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com     to request them.    We sell the shelf strips in four foot lengths and you can cut them to size.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)