Antique Safes/Antique bank vault door and safe deposit boxes

Question
vault door
vault door  

safe deposit boxes
safe deposit boxes  
"Hi Doug, my company recently required a former Bank of America branch building. We are looking to sell the vault door and safe deposit boxes. My field rep recently gathered the information below based on questions a potential buyer asked. I have no idea where to even begin regarding the value of these boxes, safes and vault doors. Any assistance is appreciated.

thanks!

I have plenty more photos available if needed.

Completeness - are there doors, locks, keys or bond boxes missing?
The first (seems to be the original) unit of safe boxes  is 1 - 397 every box as the numbers affixed.

sizes are: 2 x 5, 3 x 5, 5 x 5, 10 x 10, & 10 x 14
door 270 is gone and door 335 is gone
in the 2 x 5's these are missing locks ... 273, 225, & 67
in the 3 x 5's these are missing locks ... 133, 286, 191, & 182

All boxes have light painted metal boxes that pull out except for the very large boxes, there are only shelves.

There is a four-plex unit that has four actual safe doors on it. That unit is 4 feet high and 4 feet wide.  Each of the four individual safe doors are about 2 feet x 2 feet and have a combination lock on each door.  Under the Dibold safe deposit box section there is another large unit with shelves and a wooden tray that looks like it was used for storing files etc.

The new Dibold unit has numbers 348 - 445 affixed to the boxes. Look at my photos to be sure but I do not list any missing locks or missing doors in my notes.

There were five "Guard Keys" on paper tags.  They are labeled:

#21  398-445
#23  1 - 300
#20  1 - 309
#25  310 - 397
#24  310 - 397

There was a big pile of extra lock parts for the old style boxes in safe box # 158  

There were various individual keys scattered thru-out different boxes with various labels.   There was a row of hooks with some misc. keys hanging on them by the vault ventilator motor.

The large section of boxes by the mirror measures 78 x 72.

The small section of newer boxes (310 - 397) measures 48 x 48.

The new Dibold section of boxes (398 - 445) measures 47 x 32.

Using the photos together with these notes and measurements will get you a much more complete understanding of what is there.

Condition
of the doors, hinges, frames, numbering plaques, bond boxes and keys.
Dents, dings, rust, spray paint etc could substantially impact value.
There was no rust or spray paint.  Outside of the missing locks and doors I listed nothing stood out to me that would make them look beat up or damaged.  Even the inner trays and boxes were pretty much without scratches on the ones I actually examined.

The four-plex safe and the big unit with the shelf and wooden tray under the Dibold safe boxes were a different matter.  They were quite worn and dirty.  Looked as if they had been used to store daily work from the bank.

Is the numbering sequential, starting with #1?
Yes
Accessibility
- Are the boxes on a floor that allows them to be wheeled out to a
loading dock, that keeps the expense of getting them onto a truck to a
minimum.
It will be about 40 feet of level floor to the front door.  There is not a loading dock.  

Knowing the name(s) of the manufacturer(s), shown on the inside of the
doors/locks, will help us to match up compatibility with other safe
deposit boxes we acquire and to secure replacement parts, as needed.
The older (seemingly original) section I could not find a mfg's name or numbers of any kind (except for the door numbers).  The newer section says Dibold on every door
Please provide us with the range(s) of numbers engraved/affixed to the boxes.
Above
Do all of the boxes use the same guard key?
Above
How many boxes have missing locks/keys/interior guard boxes, or other components?
Above
Can you give us a breakdown of the number of boxes per each style/manufacturer (usually shown of the back side of the locks)?
Above"

Answer
Garland,  looks like a pretty nice door and not overly heavy.  Of course buyers for these doors are few and far between.  Also the considerable costs of removal and shipping of the door and jamb must be considered.  I have seen doors like this trashed by people who didn't know what they were doing.  I would contact Monday Security in East St Louis for help in this matter.  They buy, refurbish and sell doors like this.  They have a website.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen