Antique Safes/Mosler Safe

Question
I would like to know the weight of this safe if possible, we need to have it moved.  It is a Mosler 329297 Class t-20 burglary with one hour fire proof. Probably made in 40s or 50s.  Any info appreciated.
Oh it measures 30" tall 22 3/8" wide including hinges.

thank you

Answer
Hi Donna,

As you didn't include any photos of your safe, I'm going to have to make some basic assumptions to come up with an "ESTIMATED Weight".

Unfortunately there are no manufacturers references or documents to give you the exact info, and as Mosler has been out of business for almost 14 years, contacting them is going to be quite difficult.

Note:   The classification "T-20" is not really a burglary resistive rating, what it actually means is "Tamper Resistant for 20 minutes".    That is "Tamper resistant, NOT burglary resistant.

Basically what you have is just an obsolete fire resistive safe

I would estimate the weight of this container (based on the sizes you provided) to be around 400 to 800 lbs., though 600 lbs. is probably a good estimate.    If you are planning on moving it, I would ALWAYS estimate on the high side - so 800 is a safe bet.

Hope this helps.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)