Antique Safes/mosler safe.

Question
front of safe.
front of safe.  

handel
handel  
im hoping that you can help me out, if you could give me a round about year of this safe, ill send pics along i hope they help, the serial number on the handle is 90 over 1799, that is stamped into the ball of the handel thank you brian t.

Answer
Hi Brian,

Your Mosler Safe appears to have been made during the later 1940's  (1946-50).

You mentioned that you have no combo, so I'm assuming that your question would concern getting a combination.

As there are no records available this basically leaves you with two options -

You can test dial the 1,000,000 possible combinations that your lock has available, or

You can contact a local safe company to have their safe technician open the safe and repair it for you.

If done correctly by a professional, there will be no damage and the safe should be useable.

Check your local yellow pages under safes & vaults for a local company.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)