Antique Safes/( lost numbers )how to figure what the numbers are to my safe

Question
hello i have a big safe with door open i took lock out but i have no way of knowing what the numbers are.
the safe is a mosler bahmann $ co.
the numbers on the handle are 59675
the lock has 3 disk
the top rim has 28 35 stamped in it
the first disk agent the plate is notched1 disk
first disk     47 to 53
second disk    97 to 3
third disk     47 to 53
third disk is notched on inside 93 to 7
and a clip with a number 3 on it
the latch drops in at 5 on handles .
i lost the numbers years ago i left it open all the time but we are having a child now and do not want to leave it open if you can help please.
thank you Richard

Answer
Richard,

My first recommendation is that you need to have a safe technician from a local safe company check your lock out to ensure that it is reassembled correctly, and to recover or reset the combo.

I NEVER recommend lock disassembly as a DIY project for the same reason that I never recommend using locksmiths.   lack of training, knowledge and tools can result in a really expensive lockout - or worse.

First problem is we need to identify what lock you are actually dealing with.    Mosler, Bahmann & Company used a number of different types of combination locks, including the S&G 062 series, roller bolt, the Yale 025 and the Yale 063-1/2.   Instructions will depend on what lock you are actually dealing with.

So, I'm going to need to see what you have.    I'll need photos of the dial, the lock, and the parts and pieces that you have removed.

I need good quality photos of at least 1mb resolution, so that I can zoom in to look at details.

Please send the photos to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)