Antique Safes/Meilink G7 Wall Safe

I recently moved into a vintage apartment and I had a question about the safe in our wall.

It is a Meilink MFG. Co wall safe
Toledo, OH

I was wondering how I can find the code to open the safe, or if you had any information on what it might be.

What the heck is a "Vintage" apartment???    Vintage applies to the year of a grape harvest or wine bottling, neither of which would apply to an apartment.

For your Meilink Wall Safe you will need to do a little math, and then some dialing, but these little containers had fairly standard factory set numbers, though if the lock was modified or the combination changed this may not work - but its worth a try.
Set up an excel spreadsheet to figure out the 22 codes that your safe may have, set by the factory.

G-7 Series  For 50 number dials, Eagle Lock
starting code is  32 - 26 - 2
Subtract two from each number, until you have 22 different trial combinations

the dialing sequence for the lock is:

three times left to the first number, 32
two times right to the second number, 26
one time left to the third number, 2
right until the dial stops.

If none of the codes work, you have either made a math error, a dialing error, or the lock may have been changed so that it doesn't recognize the factory settings.   You may need to have a safe technician from a local safe company check it out.

Good Luck, Hope this helps - sorry about the "vintage" thing, but its one of my pet peeves right along with "Patina", for misused words.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada