Antique Safes/Frank Roberts Safemaker

Tim wrote at 2015-01-23 01:15:13
Well my searching is starting to pay off.  In the 1859 City Directory for Saint Louis I have found an ad for "Frank W. Roberts - Sole Proprietor and Manufacturer for the States of Missouri and iowa for the Herring's Patent Champion Safe, secured with Hall's Patent Powder Proof Lock.  Also Sole Agent for Jones' Permutation Bank Lock."

Here is a link to the ad:

http://digital.wustl.edu/cgi/t/text/pageviewer-idx?c=cty;cc=cty;idno=cty1859.000

Please let me know if you ever find one of these safes for sale.  I would love to have one.

Thanks,

Tim Roberts

Tim wrote at 2015-03-22 21:17:16
Here is a picture from a Frank W. Roberts Safe.

Safe Plaque.JPG

Tim wrote at 2016-01-11 22:02:57
Andy,

I have found a safe made by Frank W. Roberts.  I tried to buy it, but they would only let professional safe movers move it and that put the cost out of reach.  I do have a few photos of it including his name plate casting on the door.  Is there a way that i can send that to you?

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)