Antique Safes/Herring & co small safe for cabinet

Question
Am looking for a small safe to be installed in a fancy antique wood cabinet. I know Herring & co made such safes, and perhaps others did. Any suggestions/ideas on where to find one. Would even consider one that is still installed in a cabinet for removal to my cabinet.
Thanks for your help.

Answer
Bill,

Most of the manufacturers during the 1800's made safes from small sizes to very large sizes, however as they are ALL out of business.   Meaning you can't simply "go somewhere" to obtain what you are looking for.

Pretty much you ARE limited to what is available for sale by private individuals.   You can check with local safe companies to see if they might have anything, Ebay, Craigslist, Antique dealers or auctions houses.

A friend of mine runs a webpage mainly about "his" collection, however it also has a page for individuals to advertise their antique safe for sale.   I don't know how often this page is updated, or how accurate it is, but it does give you a place to look.   His site is:
www.theantiquesafecollector.com

Your other option would be to get a current model safe to use for your project.   Many manufacturers either have a lot of different sizes available, or can possibly make a size for you.   Companies like mine can modify an existing safe to your specifications, where sometimes the factories may not be interested in the project.  you can download a catalog for some examples at:

http://www.amsecusa.com/Products/DownloadCatalog.aspx

Hope this helps,  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)