Antique Safes/Meilink Safes

Question
Mielink Safe
Mielink Safe  

The Dial
The Dial  
I have an old Meilink safe, that I found in the attic of an old house in NYC about 30 years ago. It has never been opened, so I have no idea of any contents. So...can it be manipulated? Do you know the proper dial sequencing? (#s 0-49 on dial) Or should I just go ahead and have it drilled? I described it to a rep from Fire King, and they told me not to damage it, as it may be more valuable as a collectible than anything found inside.
Matt, from Matt's Antique Safe Restoration, told me that you might be able to manipulate it...so any thoughts you may have would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Eric

Answer
Eric, nice safe and I do believe I have manipulated at least one of the those.  And probably drilled one too.  There are lots of old black safes out there that have been drilled and repaired, that only under close inspection can you make out the repair. Odds are, there is nothing of value in the safe but on the other hand if there is, it is likely to be greater than the value of the safe and the cost of opening.  I am sure there is someone within 100 miles of you that can do either method of opening.  Wilson safe in Philadelphia is a possibility.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen