Antique Safes/olf safe info

Question
outside
outside  

inside
inside  
Hi I am trying to get information on an old safe of mine  I cannot find any info
On this particular safe any info you could tell me would be greatly appreciated
The plaque reads'' The Anglo superior Australian safe '' I have attached a couple of photos
Regards Lee Miller

Answer
Lee,

Sorry but my area of expertise is American Safe manufacturers.   I have very little info about possible Australian safe companies.

Looking at the photos you provided, though, my first thought is that this safe was NOT manufactured by a company in Australia, it is identical to the majority of the safes coming out of England during the late 1800's.    Unless you can document an actual manufacturer in Australia that this container may have come from, I would have to assume that it has been relabeled AFTER being imported from England.

Unfortunately, the ONLY differences between many of the manufacturers in England were the name plaques, locks and handles.   So "IF" the name plaque had been changed by the importing agency, then you may never know who actually made this safe or when it was made.

My first recommendation would be for you to check with one of the larger safe companies in Australia to see if they have any info or documentation concerning this company.

http://www.ratnersafes.com.au/

Ratner Safes Pty Ltd
12 Longview Court Thomastown
Victoria 3074 AUSTRALIA
Telephone: 03 9465 7833
Facsimile: 03 9464 0828

This company was established in England in 1784, and moved their manufacturing facility to Australia in 1963, so if any one would have info about this company it would possibly be them.

Good luck.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)