Antique Safes/S & G double door safe

Question
S & G Safe
S & G Safe  
I was wondering if you can give me any more information about this safe? The only info. I have is the following: S & G safe markings on the combo dials and is 20w x 18d x 31h. It was used back in the 1960's by my step-father and he was told it was a bank safe. It has double doors with a 4 times left, 3 times right, 2 times left and 1 time right combo. It is extremely heavy. I could take more photos if need be for a value. Thanks in advance for any information you might have.

Answer
Sandy,

The "S&G" logo is for the lock and dial ONLY.   Sargent & Greenleaf have been selling locks to safe manufacturers for over 150 years now.

I'm not sure WHAT info you are looking for about the safe, so you will need to be more specific.

Unfortunately I can't tell anything about a possible manufacturer from your small photo - sorry.

This particular container, only appears to meet the MINIMUM burglary rating  (UL-B rating).   It has no fire resistance at all.   While this may have been used by a bank, it is NOT a bank safe.    If it was used to store cash, it would have been kept inside of a vault as it does not provide adequate protection for overnight cash storage other wise.

Current Value:
Fire resistive:     $0     this is not a fire resistive container.
Burglary:          $150 to $200    Obsolete safe, parts are not available for it.
Resale:          $150 to $200    Has no commercial value, though it still meets basic requirements.
Antique/collectible:  $0     This is neither collectible or antique.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)