Antique Safes/1965 - Schwab model 279 safe

Question
Schwab safe
Schwab safe  
I am told that this safe has a class "F" rating, what would be the burglary and fire rating for a safe such as this? Thank you for your help.

Answer
Robert,

Sorry but whom ever told you that the container has a "class F" rating is either an idiot or they are related to the blonde in the State Farm TV commercial, where she indicates that "it has to be true cause its on the internet"!   LOL.   Don't listen to that person anymore!

A Class "F" safe (older rating), is for a TL-30 or equivalent burglary resistive safe.   This safe is NOT a burglary resistive safe, it is a fire resistive safe designed to protect documents from fire.

Based on the style of the safe it would be from the 1950's through early 1960's, and as such it does not meet ANY current standards for fire resistant.

While it doesn't meet current standards, it should be adequate protection for general purpose documents or items which can be easily replaced, but I don't recommend ANY valuables such as cash, jewelry or valuable documents.

Sorry the answer probably isn't what you wanted to hear.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)