Antique Safes/old safe

Question
Dear Doug,
  I was recently cleaning out my family home to sell and the old safe that I grew up interested in, I took home. The house was built in the early 50's by my grandfather. In the master bedroom, in the closet wall is a 16x10 inch space with a door and inside was a safe that fit perfect in that space, on the inside of the safe is a label-Safe Manufacturers National Association,spec-F2-ND,4Y8711, Group1. On the combination lock it has engraved-National Lock Company, Rockford USA. There is another label on the door, it says Herring Hall Marvin, Hamilton OH. I hope this is of some help to you figuring out its value-if any. Actually I wanted to get it fixed-all the parts are intact, but it seems the combination lock is frozen and won't turn either way. Can you tell me anything about this safe and its value.
         Thank You,
         Nicole J. Walden

Answer
Nicole, it sounds like a small fire resistant wall safe, and odds are the safe has more sentimental value to you than dollar value on the market.  It is probable that it can repaired and it may not be a major deal at all, but parts for that lock will not be available.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen