Antique Safes/Safe info, value ??

Question
1
1  

2
2  
This safe came to us through my wife's Grandfather, that's all we know of it. Made in USA is stamped on the top otherwise no other markings. Weighs 40-60 lbs.

Answer
Hi Barry,

Sorry but this isn't a "safe".   It is appears to be a fire or heat resistive container, for protecting items from heat.   While the key lock is designed to give you an amount of privacy it is NOT a secure container.

As far as a manufacturer, or when it might have been made - it appears to be from some time in the late 1940's through early 1960's, and could have been from over a dozen manufacturers.   Based on the photos, the lock installed and the handles used.

While it is interesting if isn't considered a collectible yet.

sorry the news isn't better.

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)