Antique Safes/Year,current ,value,and weight of safe

Safe description
Safe description  
Hello I have a safe and was wondering if you could tell me more about the year it was built current value and weight
I do have the combination
Vintage MEILINK Class C Fire insulated safe

Safe. Safe Manufacturers National Association. Spec F1-D
Y 648810 SMNA Class C  Cat. No. 8
Serial number 58-31685

Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. Inspected Safe.

Maureen, you have a commercial grade Meilink fire safe from around the 1960's-70's.  Probably around 700-800 lbs., and it was well made with a good S&G lock.  Easily worth $500 or so to someone needing a safe of this type.  Unfortunately there are not many people are in that market anymore.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place