Antique Safes/Antique Italian safe

Question
QUESTION: I am trying to open an antique safe that we bought in Italy. On the front there is a slide that raises to expose two keyholes. The safe comes with two keys and a pick. Both keys turn the locks but the safe still doesn't open, not sure how to use the pick. To complicate matters, the slide to expose the keyholes is now stuck in the closed position. So I have to get that open first. Any thoughts?

I've tried to send this several times with photos but the no spam test failed message popped up. If this gets through, maybe then I can send photo?

ANSWER: Ricky, this type of safe was not uncommon in Italy.  There are usually multiple keys as well as multiple keyholes.  Also the use of a pick is seen to either reveal a keyhole or to allow a key to perfom multiple functions.  Email me some good clear pictures of the safe door and of the keys.  Doug    macslocks at gmail dot com   

QUESTION: Doug
I've tried to send photos, but the email keeps coming back as deliverable. Can you send it to me again...
Thanks,
Ricky

Answer
Italian safe
Italian safe  
Then we will try another tack.  Do a search for theantiquesafecollector.  That's Guy Zani's website and he has or did have an Italian safe using multiple keys.  On the left side of the home page, go to the section about safes in wooden cabinets and it will be the first one that shows up.  He has both a phone number and email listed.  I make locks and keys for him and we are in regular contact.  He can describe the method of opening his safe, which may be the same as yours.  If not, then we can explore other possibilities.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen