Antique Safes/Meilink age

Question
Meilink safe
Meilink safe  
Greetings
How do I determine the age of a Meilink safe? We don't have the combination.
Thank you

Mark DiRosa

Answer
Hi Mark,

I'm kind of confused - you don't have the combination, but you are interested in learning the age of the container???   I would have guessed obtaining a combination would be more important.

so, I'm going to assume that you are possibly interested in the approximate age to determine "IF" it is worth spending the money to have it opened and the combination recovered.

Unfortunately to obtain an accurate age, you will need the container serial number, and you will have to contact Meilink to see if they have any records available.    Since they were taken over by FireKing International in 1990, I'm not sure how far back the records go.   They may only go back about 10-20 years.

You can contact Meilink (FireKing Int.) by calling 800-528-9900 and contacting their customer service - but you WILL need a serial number.   Usually if it is not on the face of the safe, it will be on the left side, next to or on the upper hinge block.

based on the photo that you have provided, I would have to place this container in the 1950's  (late 1940's to early 60's).   As such it does NOT meet any current standards for fire resistance and it is NOT a burglary resistive container.   This container also has no commercial or retail value.

What other questions can I answer???

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)