Antique Safes/Please help locating a technician in my area

Question
Hi Andy.

I have a Meilink Hercules Closet Vault from the mid 70's.
I don't have the combination for it and would like to get it open without damaging it. I have the serial # but I've seen many other responses where you've indicated contacting FireKing probably wouldn't be helpful because they don't keep records beyond 10 years. That being the case I'd like to find someone in my area who could manipulate it open for me.

My zip code is 33852. Can you point me to someone in my area who might be able to help with this?

Thank you so much.

Kim

Answer
Hi Kim,

It never hurts to check with the factory first, as if they do have any records, it would save you a WHOLE bunch of money - unless you simply want to see if someone can open your safe.

2nd option would be to have the safe tech open it.   While manipulation is an option, you may not have someone in your area who is a skilled manipulator.   You could easily be paying for the service, and NOT the result.    Drilling when done correctly by a trained safe technician is an effective method of opening the safe, and if it is done right, the single, very small hole can easily be repaired with no damage to the safe or the lock.

My first recommendation for a safe company would be for you to contact:

Worldwide Safe & Vault
3660 NW 115th Ave,
Doral, FL 33178
Phone:(305) 477-9266

second recommendation is:

Apex High Security Safes
305-766-8400      Micah Welch
Aventura (Miami) , FL 33181

They are in the Miami area, but if they can't help you they may know of someone closer to you.

You can discuss your options with them, but I still think that your best option is to try the factory first.   Best case they have something, worst case they don't have the records.   You can contact Meilink (FireKing Intl) by calling   800-528-9900   and asking for their customer service.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)