Antique Safes/Recovering combination

Question
Thanks so much for providing this service. I have a globe metal storage cabinet and a Mosler safe both with Yale dial pack combination locks. On both units the doors are open, and the dial packs can be removed. Is there a method you are liberty to share by which I could determine the combinations for these containers? Any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks
Wes

Answer
Wes,

First off, I NEVER recommend lock disassembly as a DIY project for the same reason that I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work.   Lack of training and knowledge can easily lead to a very expensive lock out.

I would recommend that you contact a local safe company to have the combinations recovered and/or reset.

However as no one listens to me, and I'm sure that you will want to do the work yourself, I will need you to send an email directly to me requesting combination changing instructions for your locks.    I will need photos of the locks and wheel packs so that I can determine what set of instructions apply to your lock.

I also have a holdharmless form which I require to be signed before we provide any of this type of information.

Send your request and photos directly to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com

I'll see if I can id the locks that you are working on.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)