Antique Safes/Repainting an old safe

Question
I live in the San Francisco bay area and have an old family safe that I would like to get repainted. How would I go about finding someone that could do this?

Answer
Hi Leonard,

Unfortunately there are no antique safe restoration painters in the San Francisco Bay Area.

However, I do have a painter that I use who does some really nice work, though he isn't going to be cheap.

his name is Steve Farone, and he does custom paint jobs for people like Arlen Ness Motorcycles (Dublin), and has painted several safes for me.

My office is in Hayward (accross the bay), we have the capabilitis of picking up your safe, and doing all of the mechanical restoration work, we would take the safe to Steve to be painted, and then when it is finished, arrange to bring it back to you.

As far as costs - I don't try to play the middle man, jacking up costs to you.   We would charge you for the work that we do, and I will let you deal with Steve directly - so you would pay him for the work that "YOU" and he agree upon.

If you have any questions and/or would like to arrange pick up, service work, please feel free to call me at:   510-732-8710

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)