Antique Safes/Victor Safe

Victor Safe
Victor Safe  

Victor Safe
Victor Safe  
I was hoping to find the value of an old safe that we have.  It's a victor safe in good shape.  We have both the keys.  The number on it is F2-ND.  Can you please give me some guidance.

Thank you

Josh, it was designed for fire protection of papers, deeds, wills etc.  Also storage of a handgun or small amount of cash.  In this regard, it will keep these items out reach of small children. No real burglary protection as it can easily be carted off.  Very little value as small fire boxes can be had quite cheaply today, although that key lock is no doubt more reliable than the locks found on these boxes.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place