Antique Safes/antique round safe

The safe in the picture I have sent to you, I would like to know the value and age? The center of the safe rotates 360 degrees. If that is possible I would greatly appreciate it. Please email back

Kyle, your Mosler Corliss safe would be from late 1890's up to around WWI. I spent a couple weeks out in your area searching for these monsters and found several, usually not too far from the rail lines.  One small bank was actually still using theirs.  The approximate weight would be in the 8,000 to 10,000 lbs. area, just so you know.  Because of their weight and size , very few collectors will mess with them, which is too bad, because they are mechanical marvels.  William Corliss went through a great deal of time and effort to eventually come up with a workable design, considered by most to be the best safe built in the 1800's.  I would contact Guy Zani at the on advise on its value.  Very cool find.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place