Antique Safes/antique round safe

Question
Safe
Safe  

Safe
Safe  
The safe in the picture I have sent to you, I would like to know the value and age? The center of the safe rotates 360 degrees. If that is possible I would greatly appreciate it. Please email back

Answer
Kyle, your Mosler Corliss safe would be from late 1890's up to around WWI. I spent a couple weeks out in your area searching for these monsters and found several, usually not too far from the rail lines.  One small bank was actually still using theirs.  The approximate weight would be in the 8,000 to 10,000 lbs. area, just so you know.  Because of their weight and size , very few collectors will mess with them, which is too bad, because they are mechanical marvels.  William Corliss went through a great deal of time and effort to eventually come up with a workable design, considered by most to be the best safe built in the 1800's.  I would contact Guy Zani at the antiquesafecollector.com on advise on its value.  Very cool find.  Doug

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen