Antique Safes/parts source

Question
QUESTION: I have a No. 5 fire-proof safe Diebold safe, I completely restored it and the Locksmith lost the latching bar in the lock assembly. need to find one or a drawing to have one made. The serial number is#13704
Thank You

ANSWER: Hi David,

Is the locksmith going to buy you a new one???    Parts and locks for antique safes are NOT going to be cheap!

Parts are not going to be available for antique safes or locks.    Locks which have been removed from safes are probably in someone's collection, and generally locks are "NOT" parted out, they are sold as complete units.

I'll need to see WHAT you actually have to determine what I can do to help you out.    I do have some drawings which have helped people fabricate parts in the past, but we need to be talking apples and apples, as oranges aren't going to be any help.

Send me photos of your lock, as well as reference measurements, or a scale drawing of the lock, so I can see what you have and what you might need.

You can send the info to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com

photo 1
photo 1  

photo 2
photo 2  
QUESTION: Thank you Andy for the quick response, Attached are several photos of the lock assembly and I need the two flat plates that are in one of the attached photos I found which is not my lock. my lock is the one with the missing latch plates
Thank You

Answer
David,

I have no idea what a "latch plate" is???

I assume that you are asking about the lock "bolt" and "lever" assembly.

Send the photos to me - as requested - to my email address, as I won't remember this conversation tomorrow.

I answer questions on this volunteer site in the evenings at home - between now and tomorrow, I will have addressed several dozen other antique safe problems and/or emergencies.   if you don't send me an email - I will forget about it.    Sorry - not my fault - I'm claiming "old age"!   LOL

Again  -   andy@securitysafeusa.com

I've got a drawing out, but I will need to respond back to your email address and I won't have it UNTIL you email me directly.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)