Antique Safes/SICO SAFE PROTECTOR 1070

Question
DEAR SIR MY QUES. IHAVE SAFE MODEL 1070 HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR OVER 2 YRS. TRIED TO OPEN EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE OK I PUT PUT MY COMBANATION IN PRESS # AND KEY WONT TURN TO OPEN DOOR LIKE IT ALWAYS HAS MOST RECENTLY 2 YRS. AGO IF EVERYTHING FAILS AND I HAVE KEY ISNT THERE A WAY FOR ME TO RESET COMBO TO SEE IF THAT WOULD WORK FOR ME.BECAUSE IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT THE SAFE BRAND NEW I HAD TO SET A COMBANATION TO BEGIN WITH.BOTTOM LINE HAVE KEY KNOW COMBO NUMBER CANT OPEN SAFE.CAN YOU RESET #? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP  ARTY

Answer
Arthur,

Sorry, but the safe has to be OPEN to reset the combination.

First try changing the batteries to ensure that there is power to operate the mechanical portion of the electronic lock.   If the batteries are on the inside, there may be a "port" on the outside of the key pad for an emergency set of batteries.   If not then you WILL need to have it opened by a safe technician from a local safe company.

Sorry, but these inexpensive (read cheaply made) safes may not have any type of override or bypass lock to open them up.

Second problem is the importer rarely answers phone calls or emails about problems with their safes, so you are back to the original solution - take it to a local safe company to have them open it.

You can try to contact them at:

Sysoco
2835 East Ana Street
Compton, CA  90221
800-223-8566
310-638-1182
310-638-6489 fax
customersupport@siscoproducts.com

If you can't get hold of them, then you need a local safe company - you can contact:

Worldwide Safe & Vault
3660 NW 115th Ave,
Doral, FL 33178
(305) 477-9266

Worldwide is in the Miami area.   If they can't help you, then they may know of someone closer to you.

Hope this helps,  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)