Antique Safes/sisco safe model 1073 electric digital

Need to know how I can open my safe.  My husband died and I never knew how to change the batteries.  Now after 6 years I need to change the battery.

I am desperate please help me?

Thank you

Geraldine  The protection anti-theft safe is the name model 1073

Hi Geraldine

SISCO is the name of the manufacturer and importer for these "Chinese" made safes.    They are brought in and relabeled under a variety of names, including "Brinks", "Honeywell" & "First Alert".

If you don't have the code and/or can't use it because the batteries are dead, many of these models provide for emergency safe opening.   Removal of the key pad may reveal a key lock underneath for this purpose.

This is for an override key for just this purpose.  If your safe didn't come with an override key or you have misplaced it, you will need to contact the manufacture, or a local safe company to have a key made or the lock picked, or the safe opened.

You can contact Sisco at:

Sisco Safes
2835 E. Ana Street
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90221 (or Compton, CA)
Phone: 800-223-8566
Alt. Phone  310-638-1182
Fax: 310-638-6489

You will need to have the serial number of your safe, and possibly the key number, it may be on the face of the key lock.

NOTE:   This company is notorious for not responding to customers, so you may not get an answer.   Check your local yellow pages for the name of a nearby "SAFE" company, and not a locksmith, to have your safe opened.   If you can't find one, let me know where you are located (zipcode), and I'll see who I might know in your area.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada