Antique Safes/1877 safe

Question
Front of safe
Front of safe  

Full view
Full view  
I have a safe and was wondering how much I could sell it for and where would be the best place. It's from 1877 and says Los Angeles and sarbourgh. It's really heavy. And I do hVe to code to open it.

Answer
Natalie,  here in Ohio those old Diebold fire safes are commonly found.  That model was made for at least 30, maybe 40 years.  Therefore don't expect to get much for it, a few hundred maybe.  In it's day it was a good commercial grade fire safe.  Where to sell?  I suppose your local Craigs list would be the way to go.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen