Antique Safes/Hall's Denver & Rio Grande R'W'Y.

Question
Hall\'s Safe DRG
Hall's Safe DRG  

Hall\'s Safe DRG
Hall's Safe DRG  
We would like to know more a Hall's safe that is in our possession.  The number on the handle is 62657.  There is a small safe inside with a silver medallion on the interior of small door with a stamped likeness of Joseph L Hall. The exterior measurements are 31.5 wide by 29.5 deep by 44 inches tall.  We have the combinations to both locks. We are wondering if this might be something special.  How would we find out it's value?  We might be interested in selling.  Thank you.

Answer
Deb, yes I think to the right person, it could be very special.  Problem is, finding that person.    Hard core collectors of early Western railroad memorabilia are out there.  The safe itself is somewhat collectible as it has the cast iron trim and inner chest.  The inner lock is one of the better locks of the era. I would put a minimum value of $1500 on that safe, although as I said to the right person it could go for a bit more.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen