Antique Safes/Midland Safe

Question
I have an old midland safe that has a skeleton key with a twist handle in the middle. the key has stopped working and the lock smith wants to start drilling the lock? Where can I take it to someone that know what he is doing?

Answer
Hi Terry,

First I'm not sure what a "Midland" safe is.   There was not a manufacturer going by this name, so you may be dealing with a logo or distributor name, rather than a manufacturers name.

Second item - I Never recommend using locksmiths for safe work.   Generally they have no training or knowledge and can cause more damage than is necessary, ESPECIALLY on a safe which may be an antique.

As far as having a local safe company work on your safe, I would need a better idea of where you and/or the safe are located (zipcode) to offer you any references - though unfortunately, there are not a lot of trained safe techs in Colorado.

Recommendations -

1.  What is your zip code, so I can see whom I might know and/or recommend.

2.  Send me photos of the safe so that I can get a better idea of what you actually have.

You can send the photos to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com     Make sure they are of sufficient resolution so that I can get a good view of the safe, and/or any details.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)