Antique Safes/Safe Question

Question
Safe
Safe  
I have this safe that I inherited from my grandmother, so it have a great sentimental value for me.
I saw a few safes on this website and I started to wonder about mine:
I would like to know from what year it is? if the company has some sore of history or story worth to know, also, the cities that it has written on the bottom of the door, do they mean anything? I mean they are cities of my country (Venezuela) but why are they there? And finally, on the lowest part of the door there is "Velencia" written, there is a city call Valencia, could it be a misspelling? or does it have another meaning?

Answer
Maria, the safe is probably from the 1920's.  Herring Hall Marvin did export safes to South America back then.  The company was later bought out by Diebold and it is unlikely they would have any information or be able to help.  The placement of the city names is where safe dealers would often put their name and location, but multiple cities like that, I have never seen.   I see that the word "Vigilante" would have been the model name, meaning guard or watchman in Spanish.  The Velencia spelling does show up on Google so I would assume it is just a variation.  Sorry I can't be of more help.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen