Antique Safes/Thomas Turner & Co Premier Safe

Question
I have one of these similar to the description that Tanya asked about, it is 530W, 570D & 780H, with the brass ball handle, flat bolts etc. MY Question is, HOW MUCH WOULD IT WEIGH??

Answer
Hello Natalie,

I have no record of having fielded a question from Tanya so I am a little in the dark without any picture.  The brass ball handle and flat bolts tends to suggest that it is around 100 years old.  A safe of this age would be filled with sand and sawdust and would weigh between 350 to 450kg nit without a picture, this is just a guess.

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer