Antique Safes/Vault door for sale

Does your company buy bank vault doors?

Hi Kendall,

Yes we do, but there are a lot of "caveat's" with a purchase.

1.   is it installed?    or ready for shipping?
2.   manufacturer?    type/rating of door?
3.   actual "CURRENT" condition
4.   cost of freight, including loading and packaging.

So once we see the door and have most of the above info, we would consider how much we might sell the door for and then offer you 1/2 - MINUS shipping costs, and/or any repairs or servicing that it might need to make it saleable.   We might also consider the amount of time it would sit in our warehouse before being sold - as a negative dollar value.

If the door is still installed, then there would also be removal costs to get the door out of the building and ready for shipping.

Generally in most cases, when a vault is being torn down or decommissioned, we charge for all of our removal and disposal labor regardless of if we elect to keep the door or not.    Many simply don't meet current standards and we may scrap them out.

All in all, as far away as you and the door are from California, it is possibly going to cost you money to sell and ship it to us.    You may want to check with local safe companies to see if they are interested.

If you would like me to take a look at your door, I would be more than happy to.    Then at least we can talk real world numbers as opposed to "what if's".

Send info about the door including photos to me at:

Photos should include overall - interior and exterior
detail photos of the dials and handle, hinges, locks, ventilator, manufacturer's data plates, day gate and vestibule, as well as any other items that you want me to look at.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada