Antique Safes/Meilink safe weight

Question
safe #\'s
safe #'s  
close up
close up  
QUESTION: My employer wants to get rid of an old safe but think it weighs to much for the elevator. I think they are way off on there guess of what it weighs. Numbers I found are 37707 R1321 Patents 3-19...1912 7-18....1916 9-5....1922 & 11-6....1923 Meilink Steel safe CO. Toledo Ohio.
Thanks!

ANSWER: It looks like a fire safe to me, is it a single or double door? Can you send me a picture of the front of the safe or dimensions and i should have a better idea on the weight of it.
Most likely it does not exceed 2000 lbs. What is the max weight written on the elevator? did they use the elevator to bring it where it is now?
A standard elevator in a low-rise building can hold about 2,000 or 2,500 lbs
In a mid-rise building, a standard elevator will have a capacity of about 3,000 to 4,000 lbs
and in high-rise buildings, 4,000 lbs and more.

Safe front
Safe front  

Safe front
Safe front  
QUESTION: It is a single door safe & It is 25.5"W X 28.5"D X 48" H including the wheels. Also checked the elevator & it's rated at 3,500. I can, with some effort, roll the safe around so I can't believe it's so heavy that the elevator cannot handle it. I think if I can remove the door that would take at least 200# off.

Answer
This safe should be around 1500 to 2000 lbs. you should have no problem rolling it onto an elevator and it will definitely hold the weight. If you take the door off the hinges you will have alot less weight. That would be your best bet to stay on the safe side.
Let me know the outcome.

Antique Safes

joey