Antique Safes/Meilink Shelf Brackets

Front Round
Front Round  

Rear Slotted
Rear Slotted  
I have an older model Meilink which is missing shelf brackets. Would you happen to know where I can buy said brackets or what the type of bracket is called? I have attached pictures so that you may see the bracket rails. The slotted are in the back of the safe and the round are on the side walls an inch in from the front door.

These were made by Meilink for their products.    They are part of FireKing International now, and I don't believe the newer units use these same brackets.
You can contact FireKing Int. to find out if these older brackets are still available - though I don't believe they are.

Most manufacturers use brackets made by Knape & Vogt
You can find their shelving brackets at many hardware stores like Home Depot & Lowes.

If you wish to use a similar bracket to the older Meilink style, you will probably have to make them yourself.

The shelving that was used in these containers was also expressly made for Meilink.   The shelves had an edge which fit into the back slots, and adjustable sliding pins on each side of the shelf to lock into the pin holes on either side of the container.   These pins were drilled and tapped to include lock down screws, so that when the shelf was installed and in place correctly, the screws would lock the pins securely in place.

Sorry but if FireKing Int. no longer utilizes this type of shelf or supporting brackets, there is no aftermarket source for them.

I wouldn't waste a lot of time on this project - simply get the newer - available supports and fit them into your container.    If your older shelves won't fit correctly, they will have to be modified slightly, or you may have to replace them.  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland Safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

Safecrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2013 Listed in AllExperts top 50 Experts. All Experts Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service area is Northern California - Fresno to Oregon, including western Nevada