Antique Safes/Ratner Safe

Question
Ratner vault door
Ratner vault door  
Hi, I have been asked to service a Ratner vault door, installed around 1920 to 1930. It's in a basement that flooded so the bolts are seized. Is there likely to be "asbestos" within the safe?  Please see the pictures.

Many thanks

Simon

Answer
To answer your question, there is never any guarantee, but there is not likely to be asbestos.
Far more worrying is that the safe is currently open and defective.
If this is not your speciality, then if you work on it without full knowledge, then there is every chance that it will end up locked and not opening at some time in the future and you could be liable to get it open again, which is very difficult and thus expensive for such a door with door problems, as opposed to one with lock problems.
Regards
Tom

Antique Safes

Tom Gordon