Antique Safes/safe cabinet laboratory

Question
I'm trying to find out the value of a very old safe I have.  It is 4ft tall by 3ft wide by 2ft deep, and weighs approximately 3000 lbs.
It is a SAFE CABINET LABORATORY inspected M.E. SAFE No. 9656.
I would like to sell it, but have no idea how much to ask for it.  Can you help?  Thank you.

Answer
Bette, sorry to say but safes of this type are very difficult to sell in today's market.  From the weight you list, it sounds like it is a 4Hr. fire resistant model.  But if I remember correctly the M.E. stands for medium exposure, which would make more like a 2 Hr. fire model and it would weight quite a bit less than 3,000 lbs.  Either way you have an undesirable that would be expensive to move.  Maybe your local historical society could use it as it is a good fire safe.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen