Antique Safes/T.Withers Safe

Question
Hi Mike, I have a T. Withers & Son Safe similar to the one Mark bought in Thailand.It has two lockable drawers inside and is Fireproof but one key hole.I use it for cash and valuables. I was not aware that there could be an issue with Insurance. Is that because it is antique? It has four locking lugs in the 6mm steel plate door and is bolted to my Garage wall and Garage is locked and alarmed and I have two roving GSP dogs. What  do you think It's value may be in NZ Dollar? It weighs about a Ton.   Michael.

Answer
Hello Michael,

Thomas Withers made safes for many years and produced many different models.  To comment further on your safe I would need a couple of pictures; one with the door shut showing the entire front of the safe and one with the door open showing the door thickness and bolt-work.  If it is easier, you can send them directly to info@mikepalmerconsutancy.co.uk

Mike Palmer

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer