Antique Safes/Could you tell me anything about this safe

Front of safe
Front of safe  

Front of safe
Front of safe  
Hi my names ryan and my father has a safe and he is thinking of leaving it in the house when he moves. It looks like it says Yale on the dial but I'm not sure and I was curious if it's worth anything and what it is

Ryan, if you have the capability to move it safely, and the painting skills to redo the paint to original or at least something decent, then yes the safe could be worth saving.  Otherwise let it go.  The size and type make it somewhat desirable as an end table, but other than that it is not  at this point in time a collectible antique.  So at this point it really doesn't matter the make.  If you put the work in, post finished pictures and I will put the time in to determine the make.  OK?   Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place