Antique Safes/Mae pinske of safe and decorative hing

Question
Safe
Safe  

Hinge Pin
Hinge Pin  
Andy please help me identify the maker of this safe and how old it is. Also the tips to the hinges have been broken off I have attached a picture of it. Hoping you can tell me where I can get replacements for these.

Thanks
Todd

Please contact me at  

Answer
Hi Todd,

your safe was manufactured by the Diebold Safe and Lock Company.    This type of safe was made between 1885 to the early 1920's.

Replacement hinge finials (acorns), are not readily available.    While some used ones may be around,  finding them is the problem.    There is no central listing of available used parts.   The only way to locate them is to visit every safe company to see what they have.

I would be happy to look through the ones that I have,  but I'll need a better photo of your best acorn,  as well as exact measurements.

Your only other option would be to have new ones fabricated by a machine shop.   If you don't have one available,  I do.

Hope this helps,  

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)