Antique Safes/Herring hall Marvin safe company safe

Front of safe
Front of safe  

Inside of safe
Inside of safe  
Trying to find out value of safe

Tamara,  your safe is roughly 100 years old and was designed for fire and limited burglary protection.  You won't see ball bearing hinges on any currently made fire safes. It would not be considered a collectible as it is not rare nor all that old as far as safes go.  It's value as a used but usable safe however, should be at least $500.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen

This unusual and highly innovative safe from the later 1800's is a Corliss. William, the much younger brother of George Corliss of steam engine fame, spent several years perfecting this design and it was first displayed at the 1876 Philadelphia U.S. Centennial Exhibition. I do extensive patent research helping me in the study of antique U.S. safes and safe locks. Repairs and part making for antique U.S. safes of the early to mid 1800's, both key and combination. Also the study of early round door chest designs up to and including cannonball safes of the early 1900's.

40 years in the lock and safe trade with a stint in bank service work. Openings, repairs and moving of safes of all types.

Charter member Safe and Vault Technicians Association SAVTA, National Safemans Association NSO, National Antique Safe Association NASA. No longer current.

SAVTA monthly magazine

CMS (Certified Master Safecracker- NSO) and CPS (Certified Professional Safe Technician - SAVTA)

2nd place national combination manipulation contest 1986 and now in 2016 1st place