Antique Safes/Tann Fortress

Question
Mike, i am trying to find the date of manufacture for a Tann Fortress.The top bolt has the number SBC235. Also were they using Tannaloy and Adamantium when this safe was manufactured.
Many Thanks,
Paul.

Answer
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your question

There were several versions of the Fortress all with the prefix letter SB or SBD (deposit version) but I can't find the prefix SBC.  Unfortunately all Tann records were 'lost' when the group was acquired by Gunnebo. Certainly in the last few versions of the Fortress, both Adamantium and Tannaloy were present but I can't vouch for earlier versions.

My old boss is now in his 80's and resides in the far north of Scotland.  He was the former Technical Director of John Tann and knows all there is to know about Tann safes.  I will forward you question to him and see if he can shed any light.  I will get back to you when I hear from him.

Best regards,

Mike Palmer FSyI
Mike Palmer Consultancy

Antique Safes

Mike Palmer