Antique Safes/info on old safe

Question
found old mosler & bahmann safe with the name J.S Winn across the top was wondering if j.s. winn was the owner and who is he. the safe is about 4&half foot tall 3foot wide. its got wood shelf and drawers and fancy pic

Answer
Hi Justin,

Generally throughout the late 1800's and into the early 1900's it was one of the options available.    I don't know if it was done for free or if there was a charge to print the name of the original owner.

Safes which may have been sold several times might have a number of owners names painted over.

As far as "WHO" "J. S. Winn" was - sorry but you are going to have to do the research on him - If I did research on every potential owner of a safe, I wouldn't have time to answer questions here.

Recommendation would be to start looking in the old city records where you found the safe.    Safes don't tend to travel far from where they were first sold, so if you can't find any info expand your search throughout your state.

What questions do you have about the safe???

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)