Antique Safes/Value of old safe

Question
Safe
Safe  

Safe
Safe  
I have an old combination safe for which I have neither the combination nor key for the inside compartment: the small plaque on the front says, “Walter Ryan Safe Co. 627 Chestnut Street Philadelphia PA.".  As you will note it sits on 4 wheels and there is some rust on it.  Its approximate exterior dimensions are:  22”h x 14 ˝”w x 14”deep.  Its approximate interior dimensions are:  11 ˝”h x 10”w x 11"deep.

I would like to know its age and approximate worth and any other information you can provide regarding its history of use that may be noteworthy.  I am attaching 2 photos, one of the front and one of the inside.  Please advise if you need anything else to provide the information requested.

Thank you!

Answer
Michale, since it is open, having the combination reset will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $100-150.  It was, most likely, originally sold to a small business for some fire and burglary protection.  It is nothing special and there are thousands like it still around, many no longer used.  Not positive on the make, but it could be a Herring-Hall-Marvin or a Schwab.  100 years or so on the age and in it's current condition, you would do well to get $300-400 for it, and that's with a combination.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen