Antique Safes/looking for a key

Question
john tann safe
john tann safe  
I am assisting in the opening of a John Tann anchor reliance safe, we have not seen a serial number if there is any. how do we go about seeing the different types of keys for these types of safe. The safe is not open. the logo is smaller than the one depicted in the picture that I sent to you. any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Answer
Hi Berhona,

You are not going to find a replacement key for your safe.   Chances are one is going to have to be hand fitted to it.   Unless you find a lock or safe man capable of doing it while the door is locked closed, the safe WILL have to be opened first.

I would recommend that you contact two of the other experts on this site (AllExperts, Antique safes), that are in your area.   They may not be able to help directly, but I'm sure they will no of, and/or recommend someone that can do the work.

Tom Gilbert and Mike Palmer are both very familiar with these safes, and Mike currently lives in the south of Spain.

Hope this helps,

Antique Safes

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)