Antique Safes/punnett safe

Question
Punnett Safe
Punnett Safe  
When we purchased our home 28 years ago, there was an antique safe in the basement.  I did have the combination at one time and have seen the inside.  We are currently selling this home and I would really hate for this safe to be discarded .  It's quite heavy as you would know, so I am a littl reluctant to move it.  Does it have value?  Too whom does it have value?  I think I could figure out the combination, the house is to be demolished and the safe would too if I can't find it a home.  Looking forward to your thoughts.

Answer
Donna, from what I can tell from the picture, it is a small safe in pretty good shape, so yes it has some value.  I have seen some like that go for $500 and used as end tables.  But getting it out of the basement is a job in itself.  Can that be done safely at low cost?  If the answer is yes, then pull it out.  Depending on the house and how the house is taken down, it could be lifted out during the demolition.  Doug  

Antique Safes

Doug MacQueen